Where has this man been hiding?? Everyone who views my blog needs to watch this quick clip because it is so important! Especially if you are going to take on side on this issue! (A possible second solution is propsed in this clip as well - parents being parents again and lower the number of children diagnosed with ADHD, etc.)
Caitlyn, where this man been hiding?! I agree with him 100%! Parents are not staying home with their children anymore. People have ceased to actually talk to one another. No wonder why kids are so screwed up these days!
Caitlyn, this man is 100 percent correct!!! Take kids off the meds and spend some time with them!!! I believe that medication is just a way of "shuting kids up." Maybe so many kids are acting out because they want love and attnetion from their parents- they don't want to just be plopped down in front of the television!! I also agree that doctors are overdiagnosing children instead of looking at other contributing factors. In my family, quite a few of my cousins have been "diagnosed" with ADD/ADHD and have been or are on medication for it. I find it interesting that the cousins who have been "diagnosed" are the ones that are spoiled and grew up without a lot of structure and discipline. The rest of us, who have not been "diagnosed," are the ones who are disciplined and where not given anything we wanted whenever we cried or complained as children. So I think that paretns not disclining their children and telling them "no" is also a contributing factor because then the kids go crazy, running and screaming whenever they want, and are then "diagnosed" with and medicated for something they do not even have!!
Caitlyn, where this man been hiding?! I agree with him 100%! Parents are not staying home with their children anymore. People have ceased to actually talk to one another. No wonder why kids are so screwed up these days!
ReplyDeleteCaitlyn, this man is 100 percent correct!!! Take kids off the meds and spend some time with them!!! I believe that medication is just a way of "shuting kids up." Maybe so many kids are acting out because they want love and attnetion from their parents- they don't want to just be plopped down in front of the television!! I also agree that doctors are overdiagnosing children instead of looking at other contributing factors. In my family, quite a few of my cousins have been "diagnosed" with ADD/ADHD and have been or are on medication for it. I find it interesting that the cousins who have been "diagnosed" are the ones that are spoiled and grew up without a lot of structure and discipline. The rest of us, who have not been "diagnosed," are the ones who are disciplined and where not given anything we wanted whenever we cried or complained as children. So I think that paretns not disclining their children and telling them "no" is also a contributing factor because then the kids go crazy, running and screaming whenever they want, and are then "diagnosed" with and medicated for something they do not even have!!
ReplyDelete