Monday, December 6, 2010
Do people not see??
I am working on finding that video for you to watch (the one I saw in child psychology) its very long though, but even if you only watch the first 20-30 minutes you will see the side effects of prescription pills on at least two little boys. This video is online for everyone to see, yet instead of looking into things beforehand and watch this video or reading up on it, people lazily listen to whatever a doctor might tell them without checking to see if his advice is the best. How could you be so ignorant? These are children we are dealing with, not a pet or a car or something that can be replaced! You would think that as parents, people would do all the research they could on whatever conditions the doctor diagnoses their child with, before they just pop them whatever pill he subscribes. But maybe I give people too much credit...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Medicine is far too common these days. People will take any pill for any reason. What about the natural process of eliminating germs or naturally developing out of a defect? Why must people go to doctors with even the slightest cough? Pills are prevalent and it could be dangerous. How about the millions of side effects for a sleeping pill or anti depressant... sudden death? I'll take a sleepless night over that.
ReplyDeleteIsnt it the doctors and pharmaceutical company's job to know the side effects and stop distributing the product.
ReplyDeleteParents do not have any other choice. They want their kids to have the most normal life they can have. Pills really arent the only things that have side effects. Im sure you can get side effects just from breathing air, eating food, and drinking liquids.
Like everything else you have to weigh the options of what is gonna have the bigger impact, the good or the bad.
Caitlyn! I completly agree with you! For the past four years, I have been working in a camp with special needs children and I see how much their behaviors change when they are put on medicine, and their behavior usually does not change for the better. I also thought the video we watched in psychology was very alarming because we saw how much the child's behavior changed once he was put on meds, which his parents did not want. I am sure everyone will enjoy watching it!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely agree 100%. People believe that they have to do everything they are told especially when it comes to doctors. It is certainly alarming how these drugs affect children
ReplyDeleteI agree, so many young children are now taking pills for "illnesses" that we don't even know what they are. A 6 year old on medication for A.D.D? They're 6 of course they are going to have a short attention span! That's the whole point of being young... being rude and getting away with it.
ReplyDelete